jeudi 18 juin 2009

Rest day Anxiety

Big week behind me... Rest day is for tomorrow. This is the first time that I actually don't want to "rest". I feel that in the last 2 weeks I got to a new "level". I'm definitely faster and the pump is stronger too... Eatings habits are on the good way too(was on a diet since last year, lost 73 pounds...). I recently found out that the hardest thing when you're dieting is not the diet... Is to stop the diet once that you're done with it... Diet + hard training = bad match.... <- I got that one the hard way.

So in the end, I'm mostly proud of my training week.
1- was able to get up a 4h15AM every day to get my workout done before going to work
2- Getting stronger everyday
3- random thought: Garmin 305 = training rock star... the only missing thing is a power meter

Bike this week: almost 300km(180 miles)

Goal for next week:
1- harder intervals
2- get my rear wheel fixed...

3 commentaires:

Judith a dit…

Just a word of advice, start slowly and build up - try not to overdo it....hard traning is great but as I have just told someone else, the golden rule of hard training is RECOVERY!

Groover a dit…

Rest is just as important, if not even more important, than the training itself. Take it seriously. I know how you feel though. :-)

Philippe a dit…

Thanks to both of you for the comments!

It's great to get some input from other cyclists!